Thursday, September 24, 2009

the high road

I really like studying for lit :)

"All literature and art are bottomless, in that their meaning cannot be quantified, cannot be understood solely through the mechanisms of reason or logic. Instead they must be experienced, must be felt, an interchange that happens between a reader and a text."

Every time I reread Midsummer Night's Dream or Whale Rider, it is always a wholly different experience.
I liked our essay question yesterday and how it questioned whether anything in AMND should be taken seriously.
This exam I tried to derive my own interpretation of AMND when I was studying it, and I stopped trying to remember phrases from the guide. So I wrote my essay in a completely different style and personalised it, and now the problem is I don't know whether it'll work or whether my marks will drop dramatically. But either way I feel happier being more original with my writing :)

I laugh a lot when i study for lit because AMND is really very very funny?! Especially the part where the mechanicals enact the "Most Lamentable Comedy and Most Cruel Death of Pyramus and Thisbe".

Anyway Cheryl came over today and we cooked pancakes~~~



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We are very very happy today! And we ate udders (it's almost customary to eat udders now if you come to anywhere near my house).
whee. :)

Cheryl is a cheater. Don't believe her when she says she is "never going to touch the computer". She only doesn't touch HER computer. She still goes online with her phone, and with MY computer.

And I came to school so early for exam yesterday! I even woke up extremely early just to force myself to take a bus! >:(
So incredulous.. But it is still funny, because I was really ridiculously upset when I found out exam was at 10.15 actually and I felt like crying and called Cheryl and Gramps and did a lot of stupid things. HAHAHA. And I wanted to go back home and sleep. But in the end I went back and went out again with C and nearly died of heatstroke.